Engagement with performance management
265 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 7RQ
People are essential to making a business strategy successful – but as we start to return to growth, are you sure people in your organization will be equipped, aware and engaged to make it happen? If not, you risk having inefficiency, demotivation, misdirected effort and underperformance.
What motivates people to do a good job? Performance management processes are often thought to be unhelpful so how can they help stimulate performance rather than constrain it? How can organisations get the best out of their people? These questions are not new, but today many employers are answering them with a fresh sense of purpose. These employers are confident they have a practical approach to employee engagement that helps them build and maintain positive relations with their workforce.
This session will:
- Outline key elements of the business case that can help persuade top management of the contribution engaged employees make to organisational performance
- Identify the key factors driving employee engagement, as well as possible barriers
- Consider how performance management can stimulate higher performance and engagement
- Highlight responsibilities in workplaces for promoting employee engagement and suggests what employers can do to create an engaged workforce.
Packed with case study examples and tips, the session will give participants the chance to share their own insights and experiences as well as consider strategies to enhance employee engagement and performance in their organisations.
Who will benefit from the Master Class?
The session will be of interest to senior HR professionals and others who are considering adopting an employee engagement framework as part of a suite of effective people management policies, including performance management. In particular the session will be of interest to any HR professional seeking to develop a more systemic approach to engagement and performance management.
- Why is employee engagement so topical, and so much at risk?
- The changing workforce
- The presumed link between engagement and performance – what the research says
- What do we mean by engagement anyway?
- What undermines engagement?
- What drives engagement?
- Employee engagement framework
- How can performance management be performance enhancing, rather than performative?
- Where to focus and avoiding the survey trap
- Working with line managers to improve engagement and performance
- Strengthening connection and line of sight
- Improving employee voice
- Enabling development and wellbeing
- Developing a more mutually responsible and beneficial employment relationship
Previously Research and Policy Director at the CIPD, Linda Holbeche is an independent consultant, researcher and author who regularly features on the ‘Top HR Influencers’ list compiled by HR Magazine. She is the author of a dozen books including HR Leadership (2009, Butterworth-Heinemann). Recent co-authored books include Organization Development: a practitioner’s guide (2011, Kogan Page) and Engaged: unleashing the potential of your organization through employee engagement (2012, Wiley).
HR Society Members: £320 plus VAT
Non-HR Society Members £395 + VAT
The fee is inclusive of materials for the session, refreshments and a buffet lunch.
Discounts will also be offered to organisations that book more than one employee onto this event. Please contact us for further information.
How to Book
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Lots of useful tips & tricks and great case studies." Christophe Chateau, JT Golbal