More for Less:
Speaker George Blair
15Hatfields, Chadwick Court, London, SE1 8DJ
Wednesday, 26 April, 2017, 10.15 - 4.00 pm
This workshop is for everyone who is in a position where they can improve their organisation’s productivity. Delegates will learn how to increase their credibility with line managers so that they can act in partnership with them. You will be shown key workforce productivity indicators that would be of great value to line managers.
Delegates will explore how to avoid the many mistakes made in the attempts to improve productivity. They will then acquire a powerful range of productivity tools and techniques.
You will receive six months free support by phone and email after attending the programme.
Who will benefit from the Master Class?
All HR practitioners, especially HR Business Partners, Corporate planners and finance business partners.
- How to increase your credibility with line managers
- Review the productivity challenges; identify successes and lessons learnt in delegates’ organisations.
- Explore in depth what supports productivity improvement. Delegates will be given a checklist of questions to use in their own organisations.
- The lessons from the Toyota case study.
- Find out all the ways to reduce the many types of waste
- Learn the tools to redesign your working processes
- How to win over key stakeholders to productivity
- Tools that you will learn include:
- Appreciative enquiry to learn from your own organisation and to get them on board
- Process analysis and design
- Root cause analysis
- Ask why five times, to avoid superficial approaches
- Fishbone diagrams - cause and effect diagrams
- Brainstorming - generating a large number of ideas for the solutions to a problem
- Plan, do, check cycles
- Error elimination through better design
- Monitoring systems that are simple to implement, transparent and effective
The workshop will be illustrated by practical exercises and case studies, and there will be plenty of opportunity for participants to learn from one another and get answers to their own challenges. Participants will be able to take away a toolkit to utilize in their own organisations.
George Blair: An experienced management consultant with a strong track record in productivity improvement, workforce planning and development, organisational change and education and training. His work on productivity improvement has been presented at many conferences and been published in professional journals. . He has led lean thinking workshops that resulted in a large number of improvements. He has also advised organisations on people based information and reporting. He combines a participative style of working with strong influencing skills and has worked as a consultant in the UK and in Eastern Europe, the Near and Middle East for the World Bank, Department for International Development and USAID.
George has written three books on organisational change and numerous articles for periodicals and conferences. He has been an expert witness on productivity to the House of Commons Health Select Committee and advisor to the King’s Fund in workforce planning and development. He is the Chair of the HR Society.
HR Society Members £320 plus VAT
Non HR Society Members £395 plus VAT
All fees are inclusive of materials for the session, refreshments and a buffet lunch.
Discounts will also be offered to organisations that book more than one employee onto this event. Please contact us for further information.
How to Book:
Contact us: email@example.com